- Dealing with registration and formation formalities and securing the appropriate legal structure to meet specific needs.
- Provision of directors , secretary and nominee shareholders
- Drafting Company Constitution
- Opening bank accounts in local and foreign currencies.
- Securing where applicable ,work and residence permits in Mauritius.
- Provision of Registered office facilities
- Coordinating with the Registrar of companies.
- Provision of accounting and secretarial services.
- Removal of Companies from Register of Companies
Our role as your Company Secretary includes :
CORPORATE SECRETARIAL SERVICES
1. Board Meetings: Attending Meetings, drafting minutes ,keeping and maintaining minute books and certifying copies of minutes.
2. General Meetings: Circulating all documentation to shareholders , co-ordinating the administration and attending meetings and taking minutes.
3. Ensuring that the company complies with its constitution, drafting and incorporating amendments in accordance with correct procedures.
4. General Compliance: Monitoring and ensuring compliance with relevant legal requirements , particularly under the Companies Act and the Code of Corporate Governance.
5. Statutory Registers and Books: Keeping and maintaining of statutory registers.
6. Statutory Returns: Updating the Registrar of Companies on :
- any changes ( resignation, removal, appointment,etc) in the director(s) of a company or particulars relating to director(s)
- annual returns
- change of company name
- adoption, amendment and revocation of constitution
- issue of shares
- any other relevant changes that requires updating with the Registrar of companies.
7. Share registration: Maintaining the company’s register of members and dealing with transfers and other matters.
8. Shareholder Communication: Communicating with the shareholders ( i.e through circulars) ,payment of dividends , issuing documentation regarding rights issue and capitalisation issues and general shareholder relations.
9. Other Secretarial and administrative Services
Share Buy Back
Amalgamation of Companies
Registration of Trade Mark
Application for Freeport License
Application for Tourist Enterprise License
Application of the code of Corporate Governance“Corporate Governance is concerned with holding the balance between economic and social goals, and between individual and communal goals...the aim is to align as nearly as possible the interests of individuals, corporations and society.” Sir Adrian Cadbury, Corporate Governance Overview, 1999, World Bank Report
Our duties and role in ensuring that the code of corporate governance is properly applied include:
- Guidance of the board and each director individually as to their duties and responsibilities and make them aware of all relevant legislations, regulations, listing rule obligations and corporate governance requirements
- Compilation of board papers and ensuring their compliance with the required standards of good governance
- Acting as a central source of guidance and advice within the company on matters of ethics and good governance
- Raising of matters that may warrant the attention of the board
- Ensuring that due regard is paid to the shareholder’s interests.
- Acting as a primary point of contact for institutional and other shareholders with regard to matters of corporate governance.
We act as business facilitators for foreign investors willing to invest in Mauritius. We help and assist the investors in the numerous procedures involved in foreign investment .We also apply for occupational permits for expatriates willing to live and work in Mauritius.
Business Start up services for Investors
Accounting and Tax servicesOur affiliated company, Executive Accounting Limited provides a full range of accounting services for those companies who require a complete and properly constructed set of financial statements.
Our accounting services include:
- Book Keeping
- Business Plans and feasibility studies
- Preparing annual financial statements and reports
- Monthly or quarterly Value Added Tax returns
- Quarterly and annual corporate tax computation
- Personal Tax computation
- Payroll services
- Monthly or quarterly Management accounts
- Implementation of accounting software
- Supervision of your accounting department
- Tax planning
- Administrative services such as issuing sales invoice, making payments, etc
- Business Plans and feasibility studies.
- Audit ( by one of our associate firms)